ConcordTV – A Resource for Nonprofit Organizations
Concord Community TV (ConcordTV) is much more than a public-access TV station for the community. It’s also a great resource for local nonprofits to utilize and spread the word about their organizations to a broader audience. Many nonprofits find ConcordTV the perfect media center for learning about video, studio production, location shoots, recording public service announcements (PSAs) and more. While there is a charge for classes and workshops, most all of these resource options are free to local nonprofits and to members of the community. Check out the options below.
NEW for 2020! Send us your Nonprofit Holiday Greeting Video!
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we’re not able to have members of the public in our studio this holiday season. But with so many people looking for holiday cheer we came up with this alternate idea that we hope your organization will take part in!
- Create a video message (no longer than one minute) with your phone or computer. Wear a holiday look, be creative, but “simple” often works best. One person talking is just fine, whether it’s your Board Chair, Executive Director, or another representative.
- In your brief video, send your organization’s seasonal greeting to the community and/or your supporters with your best wishes. Thank them for their support and wish them well for the coming new year. You may choose to end by telling the viewers your website or phone number. You can refer to previous Holiday Greeting videos on our Youtube page for examples of scripts that have been used previously.
- Send your video to ConcordTV*. We’ll be happy to add two lines of text at the bottom of your video (your name, phone and/or website). If you’d like us to include your logo, send that to us as well via email at email@example.com. Upload Your Footage Here
- We will assemble your video, text and logo together with a little (non-vocal) holiday music. You’ll be able to access your completed video from a shared Google Drive folder. (You can put your video in an eNewsletter, on your organization website, on your Facebook page and share with anyone.)
- All Holiday Greeting videos will air throughout December on Public Access Channel 22, as well as the other distribution methods listed above.
*Please send us your video to us before December 8th so we can air them starting on December 15th. This service is being offered for FREE to Concord-based nonprofits or any nonprofit that serves the Concord area! We understand for many people it might be daunting to record your own greeting video. If you need some tech support call us at (603) 226-8872 and we’ll talk you through the process depending on what device (iphone, laptop, etc.) you’re using.
Make a Guest Appearance on Public Access TV
Have a representative of your nonprofit organization make a one-time appearance on ConcordTV’s in-house studio talk show, “Community Conversations.” If your nonprofit has a specific event or fundraiser coming up, contact the station well in advance to set this up, so the program airs prior to your event.
You can watch previous Community Conversations episodes on our Youtube page.
Nonprofits have the opportunity to record in-studio Public Service Announcements in a basic format, usually offered twice a year, at no cost. Your nonprofit can utilize the PSA on their own website, in emails, on Facebook and other social media platforms. Near the end of each calendar year, ConcordTV provides nonprofits with the opportunity to record a “video holiday card” or “holiday greeting” to reach out to their markets in a brief seasonal message.
Bulletin Board Announcements
ConcordTV’s Channel 22 (Public Access) offers a 24/7 “Bulletin Board” to feature slides announcing upcoming events, reminders, or even a notification of a nonprofit organization’s list of services with logo and contact information. Bulletin Board runs when scheduled programs finish or during time slots when no program has been scheduled. Check out our website page about Bulletin Board to submit your graphic.
Classes and Workshops
Classes in Camera (Beginning and Advanced) and Editing (Beginning and Advanced) are offered monthly on specific weeknight evenings at ConcordTV. Completion of all four classes provides producer certification with the station, enabling the producer to develop public-access programming and borrow station equipment for off-site production work. Workshops are offered on specific topics (Creating Video for Social Media, Photoshop, etc.) on an occasional basis. See Classes and Workshop schedule on the website. There is a fee for classes and workshops.
Following an orientation, your organization may be interested in creating their own programs for Channel 22 (Public Access). The easiest option is to join our Producer Support Program where ConcordTV provides structured studio time and technical support to record your half-hour program in a simple talk show format. Producer Support Program offers limited use of on screen graphics, images and “B-roll” video segments. Certified producers of ConcordTV’s video classes may choose to borrow our video equipment and shoot video content outside the studio. Certified producers have the option of editing their content at ConcordTV. Organizations may use any created content on their own social media platforms in addition to running it on Channel 22.