A better connected and informed Greater Concord community.
Concord TV is a non profit organization, incorporated in 1998, to manage Concord New Hampshire’s community television center and its three channels:
- Education – Comcast Channel 6 and Breezeline Channel 2001
- Goverment – Comcast Channel 17 an Breezeline Channel 2002
- Public Access – Comcast Channel 22 and Breezeline Channel 2003
Concord TV provides:
- On-air Community Bulletin Board for local groups and non-profit organizations to publicize meetings and events.
- Live coverage of Concord City Council, Planning Board and Zoning Board meetings.
- Coverage of Concord School Board meetings.
- Coverage of community events.
- Classes in Camera, Editing and Studio production.
- Free unlimited use of equipment and facilities for certified producers.
- Airing of television messages on our Government, Education, and Public Access Channels
Democracy and the First Ammendment
All people in a democracy have the right and responsibility to take part in the decisions that affect them and their communities. Freedom of speech is vital to a healthy democracy and is guaranteed in the First Amendment. Concord TV provides the community with the opportunity for political, cultural, artistic, spiritual, and individual expression on television.
Community Decision Making
Freedom of expression alone is not enough to ensure a healthy democracy. Citizens must also enter into active discussion and debate in order to participate in solving problems for the common good. Concord TV promotes the use of its non-commercial public access channel and production facilities as an electronic forum for discussing issues and solving problems.
Access to Information
A well informed, actively involved citizenry makes more responsible decisions. Concord TV televises local government meetings, activities of local schools and service-related information to stimulate an active dialogue among elected officials, schools and local citizens.
Diversity and Inclusiveness
Democracy is most effective in a society in which all members can participate. Concord TV encourages understanding and collaboration across barriers of race, culture, language, class, gender and age.